The Call for Abstracts is now closed. Notifications will go out from the end of May.
You can submit an abstract for the following:
- 30 minute presentation
30 minute presentation including 5 minutes of question time.
- 8 minute lightning round presentation
8 minute outline sharing a relevant initiative in your organisation – to be joined with 5 other similarly themed contributions to form a lightning round.
- Half day workshop
Half day workshops are available on Wednesday 26 September 2018 from 9.00am – 12.30pm.
- Birds of a Feather Discussion
60 minutes facilitated discussion on a defined topic.
Technology Domain Streams
QUESTnet 2018 will incorporate a number of technology domain streams underpinned by and adding to the traditional emphasis on the ICT network technology domain. The focus of QUESTnet remains on the interchange of ideas and experiences among the technology decision makers, technical leads and hands-on technology implementers working in the higher education and research sector.
The three technology domain streams of QUESTnet 2018:
- Networks, smart campuses and cloud adoption
- Cybersecurity and Identity Management
- Learning spaces and end user compute
Abstracts will be assessed by the conference program committee using the following criteria:
- Abstract is well written and contains sufficient information to allow a delegate to establish what may be gained by attendance at the presentation
- Originality: is novel and new
- Relevance to the conference theme – “Technology supporting innovation”
- Applicability and potential for re-use or application of content by the audience
- Includes and recounts actual experiences relevant to the sector (e.g. case studies)
The final program will not be determined by a purely mechanical (formulaic) approach. The program committee’s primary goal is to establish an event that is of value to delegates. It will use its discretion to consider issues such as establishing an appropriate mix of technology domain content, and appropriately balancing high-level vs deeper technology content.
Timeline & Notification
Authors will be notified via email from late May 2018.
If you need any assistance please contact Conference Logistics on +61 2 6281 6624 or email@example.com.